Who is this course for?
Any worker, supervisor or manager, self employed or contractor involved in work where ladders or step ladders are used.
The 1 day course covers:
- Use of temporary access equipment, skills to conduct inspections and how to eliminate dangers
- Ladder Safety & Inspection
- Ladder & Step Legislation & Regulations
- Ladder Specifications & Types
- Ladder Safety Specifications
- Ladder Inspection & Testing
- Frequency, Standards and Methods of Ladder Inspection
- Ladder & Step Defects
- Care & Maintenance of Ladders
- How to perform a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
How is the course assessed?
Benefits for Employers
Avoids injury from falls when working at heights . Explains pre use checks and opportunity to pick up serious defects. Helps Employers meet their legislative requirements.